Who doesn’t get excited when a baby is on the way? Your friends and family will most certainly get that undeniable thrill when you make the announcement and soon plans get underway to celebrate the baby’s arrival. So, now it’s time to have a blast with a baby shower party!
Planning a baby shower should be fun. It’s your time to shine and create the party you’ve always wanted. Choose to either go traditional or put a little humor in your event. Think about your theme and unleash your creativity. The main goal is simply to make your baby shower an unforgettable experience for everyone.
To get started, use these 6 Steps to Planning Your Baby Shower
- Be prepared. Plan ahead of time. It is best to hold baby showers either on the seventh or eighth month of pregnancy.
- Look for a perfect place. You can opt to have your house or backyard as your event area. If you have a generous budget, scout for convenient party places which can hold your guests; such as, a local hotel or restaurant banquet room.
- Set the right date and time. Check with your closest friends and family members to find their availability, and schedule your event for a time that would easily fit within their schedule.
- Think of the perfect theme. There are hundreds of baby shower themes that you can choose from. Once you’ve decided yours, search for free on-line printable designs. Include matching shower favors as memorable take home gifts for your guests.
- Surprise her. To make the party more momentous for the mom-to-be, host a surprise shower for the guest of honor. Consult her close friends and relatives when preparing your guest list.
- Impress with invitations. Send out invitations at least three weeks before the event. Match your invitations with the theme of the party itself. Be sure that the invitations contain all vital information like date, time and place; and include a note about where you signed up for the baby registry. Be creative in designing your invitations.
AND most of all, HAVE FUN!
- Use Pinterest to gather ideas for your baby shower including themes, favors, decor etc. Post pictures you like on your Pinterest Board in order to keep your favorites in one place and easily refer to it later.
- Don’t know the sex of the baby? No problem. Today, there are plenty of modern, unisex shower themes and color schemes. Ideas include, yellow and gray, black and white, and blue and green. Unisex shower theme ideas include, ducklings, bumble bees and seashore.